Homes are constantly faced with plumbing problems. Having necessary skills you can fix the smaller problems yourself but the best thing to do is to always seek services from a professional plumber. Handling plumbing issues yourself can cause bigger problems if not handled in the correct manner. Always look for a professional before trying to fix a problem you do not understand to avoid causing serious damages.
Plumbing services in Singapore
In Singapore, plumbing services are available based on the type of plumbing problem. There are the plumbers that deal with Water Service Plumbing Work and those that deal with Sanitary Plumbing Work. The plumbers that deal with water service plumbing work should always be licensed by PUB in Singapore. They offer services like Installations, repairs, and replacement of tanks, taps, and pipes for the water supply system in homes. Always check for the license before offering the plumbing job around your home.
The Sanitary Work plumbers deal with installing, replacing or relocating sanitary discharge appliances and pipes that are used for drainage. Earlier the sanitary work plumbers could offer their services without being licensed but since April 2018 they were required to be licensed. Under this LP scheme now both water service and sanitary plumbers are required to operate under a common license.
The plumbers, who were earlier licensed by PUB would automatically qualify for the new LP license. Now operating or offering any type of plumbing service in Singapore without a license is illegal.
Plumbers are not like regular people to start their work by 8 in the morning, most offer their services 24/7 to their clients. Therefore you can always contact them if plumbing problems arise no matter what the time of the day. Most plumbing companies offer the following common services and are available in many areas. Some of these services should be periodic or done by your plumber when solving a problem.
– Clearing drainage blockages and choke
– Complete Full Service of the plumbing system
– Servicing Transfer or Booster Pump, and Gate Valve
– Servicing the Water Tank Pressure Pump
– Burst Pipes replacement, Pipe Work Maintenance
– Installations and repairs
Important plumbing Tips
1. Do not ignore small issues with your plumbing system; they can be signs of an underlying bigger problem or can lead to bigger damages overtime.
2. Upgrade and replace – If plumping problems keep arising constantly at home the best way to deal with them correctly and completely is to upgrade or replace. Old pipes can clog and break easily, therefore, upgrade them.
3. Let the professionals do their work. Personal skills are good for saving cost and time but the most essential thing is to get the work done correctly.
4. Have the contacts of plumbers for emergencies.
Plumbing is very important when it comes to home maintenance because it ensures a healthy and safe environment. Handle the plumbing problems at home cautiously. Call professional plumbers and ascertain their licenses before they handle the problem. Do not risk serious damage by fixing the problem yourself to save cost and time because, in the long run, it could incur more cost.